It’s FINALLY Friday! This week was kinda ‘blah’ for me. Maybe it’s the fall weather finally really settling in. I really am not a fan of driving to work in the dark, and that’s starting to happen again. Plus it’s been chilly and rainy, which means little outside time in the afternoons with the little man. BUT it is Friday, and we have a fun weekend ahead. Vinay’s staying home to do some projects at home while Avery and I scoot up to Vermont for a weekend with family.
I’ll try to end this blah week on a positive note, so I’m joining up (for a second time) with my girl at Flavors of My Life and linking up with From My Grey Desk . Here’s 5 Awesome things from this week:
1. Comfort Food Since it’s getting cool around here, I’ve been warming the house (and our bellies) with some yummy comfort foods… banana bread, homemade mashed potatoes and meatloaf, steak stir fry (idea thanks to Mrs. K)… mmm!
2. Bedtime Routine Lately, Avery has been a champ at bedtime. He knows the routine (dinner, bath, jammies, bottle during story time, then bed). If we don’t start reading books right away, he’s pick one up and bring it to me, or start flipping thru the pages himself. Last night we were a little early for bedtime so I let him play for a bit before bed, but instead, he grabbed the blanket hanging off the crib and tried to curl up in my lab… what a smart kiddo. He really finally enjoys bedtime and doesn’t fight it. Finally!
3. Road Trip Plans! I am super excited to announce that I’ll be flying allll the way to El Paso, Texas to join my sister in her drive home in December. (She moved out there from VT a couple months ago to spend time with her military boyfriend.) I’m thrilled to spend 3 days in a car with her! This picture is from another big adventure we took together… sky diving!
4. Money, Money, Money! On Monday, there was a little extra in my paycheck – why? Because I got a raise! I had moved into a new position after maternity leave, and it’s been a while since my last one, so I was due. Plus, this month marks the 4th year I’ve been with my company. The little extra money helps a ton because I want to keep chipping away at those student loans that are looming over my head… working on a plan to pay them off faster with this extra moolah! (image source)
5. Family Dinner We don’t get to sit down together every night for dinner… but we try to at least 1-2 times a week. We did twice this week and although that means I have to stuff food in my face between cutting up Avery’s food and picking up his sippy cup (that he threw again!), I still love it. Avery makes a mess. We laugh at him. We chat about our days and what we have to do for the night. Vinay and I even got a dinner just the two of us one night because Avery fell asleep on the way home from daycare and napped thru normal dinner time. So Vinay and I sat across the table from each other… in peace and quiet… discussing politics, what we heard on NPR, what happened at work today… it was a nice escape…and everything I ate was warm!
What’s your 5 this week?