Man, I feel like I’ll be talking about Avery’s one-year mark for weeks… Another big event that came along with turning ONE was his one-year doctor’s visit. Here’s our recap of the visit in fun numbers style…
2 – The number of girls Avery flirted with in the waiting room before our appointment. He’s such a ‘ladies man‘.
4 – Shots. Avery had the flu shot for the first time, and a few others. He was such a champ. He cried for less than a minute and he hasn’t shown any signs of reactions, yet!
21 – Avery weighs 21lbs and 6 ounces! I was sooo excited. He’d been hovering above 20 pounds the past two months and I was hoping he’d pass the 21 marker, and he did! This puts him in the 29th percentile… up from 21st percentile at his 9 month check-up.
30 – Avery is now 30 inches tall! That’s up 1inch since his last visit at 9 months. This also means he is only 31-1/2 inches away from passing me in height! He’s still on the tall side, in the 58th percentile.
47 – The size of Avery’s BIG head (in cm). It grew 1 1/2 cm since last visit… and he’s still on the BIG side at the 69th percentile, up from the 55th last visit! Big head = big brain, right?
How’s Avery doing developmentally for 12-months? Here’s a few items on the checklist of items she asked about:
- Walking?: Check!
- Talking? Check! We did let the doc know we’re a little concerned because he’s not a big talker. He does babble a lot, and the doc said that was good.
- Drinking Milk? Check!
- Teeth? Check!
- Eating using the Pincher Grasp?: Check!
- Does he Bang toys Together? Check!
- Sleeping thru the Night? No! Oh did we have a talk with her about this. The doc suggested a few things and we’re on our way to sleeping thru the night… Avery’s slept much better this week! Catch up on our sleep struggles here, here, here, and here.
- Does he Point? No! Avery doesn’t really point…something we need to work on I guess?