Thanks, Patty! Let’s cut to the chase and go over the rules for accepting this honor…
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Check!
2. Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you. Check!
3. State seven things about yourself.
1. I have a tattoo. I got it a few years ago with my Grandma on a girls weekend trip. I kept teasing her that we should get tattoos together, and we did!
2. I know ALL the linking-verbs – Thanks Mr. Tyson. In 6th grade, we memorized all the linking verbs, and to this day, I can still recite them. Prove it? OK. do did does am is are was were have has had seems appears. would could should can may might will shall. would be could be should be can be may be might be will be would’ve been could’ve been may’ve been might’ve been…and the nots!
3. I don’t eat my vegetables. Yeah, to this day I still hate them. I eat a few (lettuce, peppers, cucumbers) and manage to eat as much salad as I can to supplement, but if I was made to eat a carrot today, I’d douse it in ranch dressing like I used to as a kid…bleck!
4. I can never decide if I like my hair long or short. It gets long and it’s harder to maintain, but it’s so pretty. Then I cut it and it’s so easy to get ready in the morning, but it’s not as feminine… so for now the mommy in me that would rather save 10 minutes blow drying my hair in the morning wins over and for now, it’s short
5. I strongly believe everything happens for a reason. Even when something bad or difficult happens in life, there’s always a reason for it.. whether its a lesson or it points me in a direction for something good in the future. A great example is that 2 months after we got engaged, we found out we were expecting. This pushed up our wedding (a whole year) and my ‘brother’ stationed in Germany was able to come and stand beside me on our wedding day. Had we not moved up the wedding, He wouldn’t have made it this year (originally our wedding date/year).
6. I love surprises! I love them so much that I’ve given surprise gifts and parties to tons of loved ones. We surprised my friend at work by all wearing t-shirts for her 50th birthday, I’ve given Vinay a couple surprise parties, and my sis and I threw our parents surprise a 25th anniversary party. I should put a byline into my friend contract ***being friends with Meghan may result in lots of surprise parties!***
7. I wear contacts. Probably a result of #3. You’ll rarely see me in my library glasses (oh yeah, they’re hott). But I’m always wearing contacts. I wonder how Avery’s eye-sight will be. I better feed him carrots for dinner tonight…
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
In no specific order, here are a few blogs that I love to check-in on for humor, recipes, home renovations, mommy tips & guidance…
5. Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated. (Check!)
Check out the other awards we’ve been nominated for here!